Colchester United beat MK Dons to reach Fifth Round of FA Youth Cup
Colchester United are through to the last 16 of the FA Youth Cup for the first time since 2004-2005.
The U’s saw off MK Dons 2-0 at the Weston Homes Community Stadium last night and are the only League Two side left in the competition.
They got off to a flying start, as with just four minutes on the clock, a ball from the left deflected into the path of Sam Cornish and he buried his shot from 12 yards.
The visitors almost drew level five minutes before half-time when Liam Sole’s effort went just wide.
But the U’s went in one ahead and, after surviving some scares early in the second half, they doubled their advantage.
You may also want to watch:
Home substitute Andre Hassanally crossed for Callum Jones, who got to the ball before his man with a neat near post finish.
And the U’s saw the rest of the game out to make progress and book a home clash with Reading in the next round.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards