U’s through to last four of Essex Senior Cup
Colchester United Reserves 2 Harlow Town 1
COLCHESTER United left it late, but they duly booked their place in the last four of the Essex Senior Cup thanks to two goals in the last quarter-of-an-hour at the Weston Homes Community Stadium tonight.
Harlow took the lead inside the first minute of the second period, through Scott Smith’s header from Michael Deane’s cross.
But the U’s were back on level terms in the 75th minute, thanks to a close-range effort by John-Joe O’Toole following a deflected free-kick by Michael Rose.
Four minutes later and an unfortunate own goal from Donny Barnard secured the U’s spot in tomorrow’s semi-final draw. Barnard could only slice Kem Izzet’s cross into his own net.
You may also want to watch:
It was a strong U’s side in action, including first team squad members Mark Cousins, Pat Baldwin (on the comeback trail from a fractured toe), Izzet, O’Toole and Ben Coker.
Colchester United starting XI: Cousins, Hamilton, Baldwin, Aldred, Rose, Izzet, Sanderson, O’Toole, Coker, Ladapo, Arnott.
- 1 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson