McLoughlin on target as U23s lose
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich Town Under-23 side lacking in first-team experience lost 2-1 at Cardiff this afternoon.
Mark Harris put the home side ahead in the ninth minute, then Ogo Obi doubled the Welsh host’s lead from the penalty spot six minutes before the break.
Cardiff ended the game with 10 men after losing Jamie Veale went off injured with six minutes left, the Welsh side having already used all their subs.
Shane McLoughlin pulled one back for Gerard Nash’s side in the closing moments.
Defender Mohammed Sagaf again featured during his extended trial from Waltham Forest, but striker Ben Stephens – recently on trial from Stratford Town – was not involved.
TOWN U23s: Hayes, D Crowe, Clements, Sagaf (McKendry 46), Ndaba, Marshall, Blanchfield, Folami, Drinan, McLoughlin, Morris. Unused: Ware, Lankester, El Mizouni.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 9 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143