UEFA award for Rose
David Rose has been awarded a UEFA Order of Merit for his service as Ipswich Town's club secretary.Rose has retired from the club but has recently joined the Football Association's disciplinary committee.
David Rose has been awarded a UEFA Order of Merit for his service as Ipswich Town's club secretary.
Rose has retired from the club but has recently joined the Football Association's disciplinary committee.
Rose said: "This is a wonderful, and totally unexpected accolade. I joined the best club in the country in 1958 and it is still the best club in the country now."
David Sheepshanks paid tribute to the former club secretary and said: "Any business, or Football Club, is only as good as its people.
You may also want to watch:
"Last night was the first AGM that we had the opportunity of celebrating the extrordinary service of our former club secretary and still company secretary David Rose.
"He has been on the staff since 1958 and has served the club with distinction ever since.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 6 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
"We still retain his expertise on a part-time basis although, aside from his duties as a Babergh District Councillor and a leading light of the Suffolk Lawn Tennis Association, David has also been co-opted by the FA as an expert for their disciplinary committee."
There are only five of the UEFA merit awards being made to people who have made an outstanding contribution to English football.