Uni of Cambridge 2 Ipswich 3
Slazenger Men's EHLNational South DivisionUniversity of Cambridge 2 Ipswich 3 Ipswich's made it consecutive away wins at the start of the new season with this win at Cambridge University on Saturday.
Slazenger Men's EHL
National South Division
University of Cambridge 2 Ipswich 3
Ipswich's made it consecutive away wins at the start of the new season with this win at Cambridge University on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The newly promoted students had lost their opening game 5-2 but had scored two early goals and were actually leading at half time so Ipswich were determined not to fall into the same trap.
Starting brightly, the Suffolk side scored three times in the first 16 minutes with all three goals coming from short corners.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 6 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 10 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
The first two were superbly executed by stand-in midfielder Keir Dixon, however Dixon, who scored 22 goals for Ipswich last season, was making his first of what will be very few appearances this year due to work commitments.
Fellow Welshman Mark Wheelhouse then stepped up to put away his first of the season with similar aplomb.
Cambridge came out fighting in the second half, scoring twice in the first ten minutes.
The Suffolk side dug in deep from then on and looked the more likely to score at the end.
The two start win made it Ipswich's best ever start to a national league season.