Unlucky Tommy Taylor misses out in boxing final
Eastgate ABC boxer Tommy Taylor had to settle for second in the final of the 75kg, class 3 ABA Schoolboys’ final.
Tommy, 15, who goes to Sudbury Upper School, slipped to an 11-5 defeat at the hands of Liverpool’s Joe Saunderson, in Mansfield, on Sunday.
From the start, Saunderson moved onto the front foot, scoring with an early right to the head.
Tommy replied with a counter right of his own but the momentum stayed with Saunderson.
Heads clashed in the second before Tommy landed a decent right to the head and just missed with another.
You may also want to watch:
The most eye-catching shot of the last round was a hard right to the head by Saunderson and his work off the back foot earned him another point as he clinched victory.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery