UPDATE - FA CUP DRAW: History-making Witham Town have a great chance of progressing into the First Round Proper, while Chelmsford City have been pitted against Conference Premier table-toppers Barnet, while there is a familiar looking tie for Braintree Town at Weymouth
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from their superb 2-1 win at Needham Market on Saturday which saw them progress into the Fourth Qualifying Round of the FA Cup for the first time in their history, Witham Town have been rewarded with a home tie against Conference South side Weston-super-Mare in the next round of the competition.
Garry Kimble’s Ryman Premier Division side will host the second-bottom Bristol-based side on October 25, and must fancy their chances of a Cup upset with their opponents struggling for form, and having to travel nearly 200 miles for the encounter.
Win, and Witham would win prize money of £12,500, and enter the First Round Proper of the competition.
Witham were joined in yesterday’s FA Cup draw by Conference sides Chelmsford City and Braintree Town.
Braintree, who have just been entered into the competition, have a familiar looking tie as they travel to Southern Premier League side Weymouth, in Dorset.
You may also want to watch:
Ironically, Iron travelled to Weymouth in this stage of the competition last season, where goals in the opening 11 minutes from Matt Paine and Sean Marks ulitmately grabbed them a 2-1 win to progress.
Alan Devonshire’s men, whose form has been patchy of late – the Iron are without a win in their last five league games – will hope for a similar result in 11 days’ time.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
Meanwhile, following last night’s emphatic 4-1 replay win over Whitehawk, Conference South side Chelmsford City will host high-flying Vanarama Conference Premier table-toppers Barnet in a tasty-looking encounter.
Martin Allen replaced Edgar Davids in the hot-seat at Underhill earlier this year and he has led the Bees to the top of the table with 33 points from a possible 48.
All FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round ties are set to be played on Saturday, October 25.