Upminster IV 2 IES IV 3
Division 7SEUpminster IV 2 Ipswich East Suffolk IV 3 A late start at Uppingham caused some selection problems for IES, which were made worse by the loss of Crane to hospital in the opening minutes of the game.
Upminster IV 2 Ipswich East Suffolk IV 3
A late start at Uppingham caused some selection problems for IES, which were made worse by the loss of Crane to hospital in the opening minutes of the game.
Fortunately, Cornish had converted a sharp chance before the departure of the veteran midfielder and he added a second after the reformation of the IES centre.
You may also want to watch:
Uppingham pressed hard and were rewarded on the stroke of half time from a short corner completed after the sounding of the whistle.
The second half saw Whelpton and Cornish combining well up front with Wixden more than ably filling Crane's shoes in centre midfield. It fell to Whiting to take the game beyond the opposition with a calmly taken short corner strike, finding the corner under pressure with considerable flair.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Uppingham found the back of the net from a disputed short corner strike in the dying minutes to bring them back into the game but IES hung on with some ease to take the three points.
The new pairing of Hindle and Bentley in central defence proved a formidable success and Murray was outstanding in goal, but the cream was Cornish.