MATCHDAY RECAP: U’s hit back in six-goal thriller to earn a point against Notts County
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Follow all the action and reaction as we bring you live coverage of Colchester United’s home EFL League Two match against Notts County
John McGreal is looking for more guile and more energy from his team, when they take on relegation-threatened Notts County on Saturday.
The U’s have failed to win in a three-game sequence, for the first time this season, following a very flat Christmas period, but they will hope to cash in against an injury-ravaged Magpies side, to return to the top seven.
The New Year’s Day defeat at Crawley Town was a huge blow for the U’s, not just the result (2-0 loss) but the manner of it against a Red Devils outfit who played the final hour with just 10 men, and had taken just one point from their previous five outings.
“That’s the money-end of the pitch, where we get into it. We are looking for the experienced players who we have got in the team to show a little bit of guile, to show experience on the pitch, and give us that little bit of coaxing and organistion,” explained McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
“I also want a little bit more of the running, to get into that final third. There was too much accepting of balls going into the keeper’s hands, or balls going past the post from crosses (at Crawley).”
• Re-live all the action and get the best reaction from Carl Marston in the blog above.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 8 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth