Kishen Velani leaves Essex County Cricket Club
- Credit: Su Anderson
Essex batsman Kishen Velani has left the County Champions after his contract expired.
Velani came through the Essex Academy, making his first-team debut in the final Championship match of 2013.
The 23-year-old featured for England U19 at the 2012 World Cup and went on to make 11 first-class, 10 List A and 16 T20 appearances for Essex.
The Newham-born player also featured heavily for Wanstead & Snaresbrook Cricket Club as they clinched the Royal London Club Championship in September at The Cloudfm County Ground.
Head coach Chris Silverwood said: “It always difficult to make these decisions, especially when it is someone who is Essex born and bred and came through the Academy system.
You may also want to watch:
“Unfortunately, it hasn’t quite worked out for Kish but I thank him for all his efforts during his time with the club and wish him well for the future.”
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 9 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 10 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car