Victories for Leiston and Hadleigh
- Credit: Archant
Leiston kicked off their pre-season preparations with a win in the searing heat at Gorleston’s Emerald Park.
Liam Barrett opened the scoring in the 12th minute after Rhys Henry had rattled the bar,
Gareth Heath stroked home a 27th minute penalty after he was upended inside the box.
Bradley Hough reduced the arrears a minute before the break, but a fine strike from Craig Parker from just outside the box restored the two-goal lead before Heath completed the scoring, drilling home from just inside the box.
Meanwhile, a second-half hat-trick by Ollie Canfer was the cornerstone of Hadleigh’s 5-1 win against Wroxham on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Other goals came in the first period from Kris Rose and an own goal.
Wroxham’s consolation came midway through the second half, but Hadleigh were impressive.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed