Video/Gallery: Riders battling the wind as they compete in third stage of The Women’s Tour race - otherwise known as the Dutch leg
- Credit: Gregg Brown
The weather is not being kind to the 96 women competing in the 2014 Women’s Tour today.
They have already completed the first of the two sprint stages and are heading twoards the Queen of the Mountain challenges - there are two uphill sections today, both close together.
The first is at Freston and should take place at just after midday. The second comes just minutes after at 12.07pm.
After that, the riders will tour the Essex countryside building up to the final sprint stage at Thorpe-le-Soken at around 1.10pm before arriving into Clacton at around 1.25pm.
Our team are reporting live from the scene and sharing photos on Twitter.
For live updates, click here.
You may also want to watch:
Join us on Twitter using #WT2014Suffolk and #WT2014Essex
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 10 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside