VIDEO: Nominations open for Suffolk Sports Awards 2014
- Credit: Press Association
Nominations are officially open for the Suffolk Sports Awards 2014 – and the first time ever, a public vote will decide the winner of the top award.
The awards, now in their ninth year, will be held at Trinity Park near Ipswich on September 12 and honour individual and team achievements across a range of categories.
And, for the first time this year, the winner of the Suffolk Sports Personality of the Year – lifted last year by Ipswich international hockey star Harry Martin – will be decided by public voting.
The rest of the categories have also been reshuffled this year, with several new awards added. The full list is:-
- Young Sports Personality of the Year
You may also want to watch:
- Unsung Hero
- Young Community Volunteer.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- Club of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement
- Individual Performance/Achievement of the Year
- Team Performance/Achievement of the Year
- Most Active Workplace
- School of Sporting Excellence & Participation
Vicki Askew, Sports Development Manager at Suffolk Sport said: “I am pleased to announce the launch of this year’s Suffolk Sports Awards.
“I would encourage all members of the public in Suffolk, who know an individual or a team that you feel deserves to be recognised, to nominate them for an award.
“Without nominations, people who deserve to be acknowledged are kept unknown”.
The awards will also incorporate the inaugural Suffolk Corporate Games during the afternoon, which will see local workplaces pitted against each other in sporting competition and challenges.
If you want to nominate someone for an award or find out more about the Suffolk Corporate Games, go to www.suffolksport.com/awards.
Nominations close on Sunday July 20.