Video shows new Colchester stadium
VIDEO A new vision for the future of Colchester United has been unveiled today by the club's chief executive.
A NEW vision for the future of Colchester United has been unveiled today by the club's chief executive.
The struggling Championship team is set to relocate to the Colchester Community Stadium this summer and new computer images have been released in a bid to drum up interest from local companies.
Chief executive Marie Partner was joined by more than 120 local businessmen at the club's out-dated Layer Road ground to discuss the potential of the move.
She said the current threat of relegation should not detract from the exciting prospect of moving into the state-of-the-art stadium at Cuckoo Farm that is packed with green initiatives and disability-friendly measures.
You may also want to watch:
The 10,000 seat stadium is set to host a high-profile pre-season friendly with an unconfirmed Premiership club as well as a free community open day to show off the new facilities to fans.
With a range of sporting facilities on offer and a number of meeting and function rooms that will be available for various purposes, the new ground is set to make a big impact in the town.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk