Villa and Spurs to swap strikers
MARTIN O'Neill is weighing up an �8m bid for Swedish wonderkid Marcus Berg. (Daily Star)Villa boss O'Neill and chief scout Ian Storey - Moore have been made aware of the striker's availability this summer.
MARTIN O'Neill is weighing up an �8m bid for Swedish wonderkid Marcus Berg. (Daily Star)
Villa boss O'Neill and chief scout Ian Storey - Moore have been made aware of the striker's availability this summer.
Everton and Spurs have already made their interest known in the Golden Boot winner at last month's European Under-21 Championships.
But O'Neill is likely to jump to the head of the queue to avoid losing striker John Carew.
You may also want to watch:
O'Neill has an interest in Spurs' Robbie Keane but would have to part with Carew - who is wanted by Harry Redknapp - to land the Republic of Ireland striker.
To avoid doing business with Spurs over Carew, O'Neill is now leaning towards a move for Berg, 22, who scored seven goals in four games in Sweden's march to the semi-finals.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 9 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 10 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
Berg netted 15 league goals in his first season with Groningen in Holland after a move from IFK Gothenburg in 2007.
And last season he added a further 17 - taking his tally to 32 in just 56 games.