Vote for your top Town player
WHO is your top Ipswich Town player over the past 100 years?Choose from the following shortlist of ten to send the player into the PFA Centenary Hall of Fame and win yourself tickets for a unique celebration match: John Wark, Kevin Beattie, Ted Phillips, Alan Brazil, Ray Crawford, Terry Butcher, Mick Mills, Arnold Muhren, Frans Thijssen, Allan Hunter.
By Derek Davis
WHO is your top Ipswich Town player over the past 100 years?
Choose from the following shortlist of ten to send the player into the PFA Centenary Hall of Fame and win yourself tickets for a unique celebration match: John Wark, Kevin Beattie, Ted Phillips, Alan Brazil, Ray Crawford, Terry Butcher, Mick Mills, Arnold Muhren, Frans Thijssen, Allan Hunter.
As part of its Centenary Year the Professional Footballers Association is putting together a list of the top 100 players who have played professional football over the last 100 years. One player will be selected from each of the 100 professional clubs to have played in the Football League throughout the last 100 years. To help fans vote the PFA, together with the club and a panel of sports journalists, have put together a top ten list for each club. Your job is to vote for your favourite player from the list. The winning player will go into the PFA Centenary Hall of Fame. Remember we're looking for the greatest player to have played for Ipswich Town over the last 100 years so you may have to dig out your history books.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone who votes will be automatically entered into the prize draw to win tickets to the PFA Centenary England XI against the Rest of the World match.
The PFA was formed on December 2, 1907 and 100 years on to the day the City of Manchester Stadium will host one of the biggest games of the season.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
England, under the management of Terry Venables and captained by Alan Shearer will take on World XI team managed by Jurgen Klinsman, with Gianfranco Zola as captain. All money raised from the match will go toward the PFA's One Goal, One Million campaign to build a new wing at the National University Children's Hospital in Manchester.
You can vote on-line at www.eadt.co.uk or send you answer to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is July 31.