Vote for your top U's player
WHO is your top Colchester United player over the past 100 years?Choose from the following shortlist of ten to send the player into the PFA Centenary Hall of Fame and win yourself tickets for a unique celebration match: Tresor Lomana Lua Lua, Mark Kinsella, Roy McDonough, Ray Crawford, Percy Ames, Karl Duguid, Greg Halford, Perry Groves, Dick Graham.
By Derek Davis
WHO is your top Colchester United player over the past 100 years?
Choose from the following shortlist of ten to send the player into the PFA Centenary Hall of Fame and win yourself tickets for a unique celebration match: Tresor Lomana Lua Lua, Mark Kinsella, Roy McDonough, Ray Crawford, Percy Ames, Karl Duguid, Greg Halford, Perry Groves, Dick Graham.
As part of its Centenary Year the Professional Footballers Association is putting together a list of the top 100 players who have played professional football over the last 100 years. One player will be selected from each of the 100 professional clubs to have played in the Football League throughout the last 100 years. To help fans vote the PFA, together with the club and a panel of sports journalists, have put together a top ten list for each club. Your job is to vote for your favourite player from the list. The winning player will go into the PFA Centenary Hall of Fame. Remember we're looking for the greatest player to have played for Colchester United over the last 100 years so you may have to dig out your history books.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone who votes will be automatically entered into the prize draw to win tickets to the PFA Centenary England XI against the Rest of the World match.
The PFA was formed on December 2, 1907 and 100 years on to the day the City of Manchester Stadium will host one of the biggest games of the season.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
England, under the management of Terry Venables and captained by Alan Shearer will take on World XI team managed by Jurgen Klinsman, with Gianfranco Zola as captain. All money raised from the match will go toward the PFA's One Goal, One Million campaign to build a new wing at the National University Children's Hospital in Manchester.
You can vote on-line at www.eadt.co.uk or send you answer to email@example.com. The closing date is July 31.