Wales call up for Ipswich Town winger
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town winger Gwion Edwards has been called up as a late addition to the Wales squad.
The 25-year-old is in the squad for the Nations League game against Martin O’Neill’s Republic of Ireland, in Dublin, on Tuesday.
Edwards already has won caps at U19 and U21 levels and has been in good form for Paul Hurst’s side after he joined the Blues in a £700k move from Peterborough in the summer.
He has been called up once before, back in 2014, when a Crawley Town player, although he never featured.
Wales are currently second in Nations League Group B having beaten Ireland 4-1 in Cardiff in their opening match before losing 2-0 in Denmark.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Ipswich Town’s U23s drew 2-2 with their QPR counterparts in West London this afternoon.
Shane McLoughlin was on target twice for the Suffolk side.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
Ipswich U23s: Wright; Ronan, Webber (Marshall 71), Ndaba, Kenlock (Clements 67); Downes; McLoughlin, Brown, Edun, Rowe (Dobra 28); Lankester. Unused: Egan.