Wales boss Giggs keeping an eye Ipswich trio Huws, Edwards and Harrison
- Credit: Archant
Wales manager Ryan Giggs is keeping an eye on a trio of Ipswich Town players as he bids to reshape his squad over the coming months.
The former Manchester United winger, who took charge of Wales last year, is preparing for UEFA Nations League games against the Republic of Ireland and Denmark in September.
There is no Ipswich representation in that squad, but Giggs has said he is keeping a firm eye on Gwion Edwards, Ellis Harrison and Emyr Huws following the retirement of Hal Robson-Kanu.
“With the news of Hal there’s a spot there and there’s a few options,” he said.
“I watched Tyler Roberts (Leeds) on Tuesday and he did well. It’s a chance for me to look at him and a chance for him to shine.
You may also want to watch:
“Gwion Edwards is someone who we’ve been monitoring, Ellis Harrison as well, Emyr Huws, George Thomas (Leicester, on loan at Scunthorpe) and Rabbi Matondo (Manchester City).
“Depending on form and injuries there will be a lot of changing about in the next three camps.”
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 7 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
Huws has 12 senior caps while Harrison and Edwards are yet to make their senior debuts at international level.