Walsham trio defeat Ixworth counterparts to win Guinness Cup
- Credit: Archant
Walsham triple of Shirley White, Tracy Webb and Jeremy Webb retained the Guinness Cup on Sunday at the St Botolphs Club.
They faced a 10-end final against Mark James, Pat Jennings and Ann Lilley of Ixworth, and soon led 7-1.
Ixworth responded to trail 10-9 prior to the eighth end, before Walsham gained two.
The next end was decisive. Ixworth held two, but in trying to add a third to tie the match, the jack was disturbed. Walsham took the shot and led by four with one end to play. A final single to Ixworth was a consolation.
In the third/fourth place play-off, Sonya Foreman, Fred Spinks and Ralph Marsh of Tuddenham faced Richard Hayden, Bob Stubbs and Scott Parrin of Stanton and won 11-6.
You may also want to watch:
The presentation was made by Anthony Foulger, President-Elect of the Frames Conservatories Direct Bury & District Bowls League – his chosen charity Arthritis Research UK to benefit by £168.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards