Walters could miss Bolton clash, Bishop injury not serious
- Credit: Archant
Paul Hurst doesn’t expect midfielder Teddy Bishop to be out for too long despite picking up a hamstring injury but Jon Walters is now a doubt for Saturday’s game with Bolton.
Republic of Ireland international Walters missed Tuesday night’s clash with Brentford due to an Achilles problem suffered at Hull and is now a doubt for the Trotters’ weekend visit.
“Jon Walters felt his achilles at Hull,” Hurst said. “Whether or not he’s got a chance for the weekend, probably not.”
On Bishop, who exited the Blues’ Under 23 game at Watford on Monday with a hamstring injury, Hurst said: “I don’t think it’s anything too bad, but he has got a hamstring injury.
“We think it’s only a grade one which is the most minor it can be so I wouldn’t envisage him being out too long.”
You may also want to watch:
Hurst will have a decision to make in the middle of defence on Saturday, with central defender Toto Nsiala available once again after serving a three-game ban following his dismissal at Sheffield Wednesday.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening