Ward mystified as to reason for U’s lack of goals
WHERE have all the goals gone?
Even manager John Ward is mystified as to why the U’s have lost their goalscoring knack at the start of this season.
The U’s have only scored three goals in their first six league and cup matches of the campaign, and two of these were netted by defenders Magnus Okuonghae and Michael Rose.
Their last two fixtures, at Tranmere and Brentford, yielded no points and no goals.
Ward admitted, after Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Griffin Park: “Our lack of goals does surprise me a little, because there are goals in this team.
You may also want to watch:
“My two front men (Ian Henderson and Freddie Sears) had chances to score at Brentford, and we know that Woody (Anthony Wordsworth) and Bondy (Andy Bond) can score, but we are a little bit dry in that department.
“Last week they were upset (after 4-0 defeat), this weekend they know they were hard done by.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 3 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 4 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 9 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 10 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
“I’ve got guys putting their hand up in the dressing room, saying they could have done better, and I’m fine with that.
“I had a rant and rave last week, but I’m not doing the same this time,” added Ward.