Ward ‘not ever so hopeful’ of new arrival
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward has not ruled out the possibility of recruiting a new loan player on transfer deadline today.
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward has not ruled out the possibility of recruiting a new loan player before this afternoon’s transfer deadline.
However, Ward concedes that it is very unlikely a new signing will be made, ahead of Saturday’s trip to Carlisle United.
“I’m not expecting one,” admitted Ward, with reference to possible moves in the transfer market today.
“I have made one or two enquiries, and I have got one pending at the moment, but I’m not ever so hopeful.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s not because of us, but because of the club that the lad plays for at the moment, because we’ve got a cup tie (against Swindon) involved in all of that.
“Those situations can have an effect on whether a player would come on loan.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
“I’m waiting on one phone call. I’m not ever so hopeful, but if it happens I will be pleased. Otherwise we just crack on, “ added Ward.
Any new recruit would almost certainly been an attacker – Ward has good cover in defence and midfield.
The U’s boss did reveal that defender Tom Aldred, signed from Watford at the end of August, is set to sign on loan for Torquay United today.