Ward very hopeful Gavin Massey will extend stay
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward is very optimistic that Gavin Massey will sign a new loan deal.
Attacking winger Massey has spent the last month on loan from Watford, and all parties are believed to be keen for that stay to be extended.
Ward has already had discussions with Watford boss Sean Dyche over the possibility of keeping Massey for another stretch, and hopefully a deal can be struck before this weekend’s game at Yeovil, which is the last of Massey’s initial one-month stint.
Ward revealed this morning: “I spoke to Sean Dyche a week or so ago, about extending Gavin’s loan, and I’ve left a message with him this morning, because I can’t get hold of him at the moment.
“It’s something I want to do, and initially we are all OK to do it. Watford were happy, a week ago, I’m happy and Gavin Massey is happy, so if we can get the appropriate paper-work sorted, and everyone is still happy, then we’ll get it done,” added Ward.
Massey spent the first half of this season on loan at Yeovil, so Saturday’s trip to Huish Park will be extra special for the 19-year-old attacker.
“Gavin is not shy, and he will want to chip in with a few things (Secrets) about Yeovil,” continued Ward.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
“He will be one of those keen to look at the team-sheet to see if he is starting.”
Massey himself said: “I’ve heard that I might be staying longer at Colchester, and I want to.
“I’ll probably find out in the next couple of days, hopefully before Saturday.”