Warriors slip to narrow defeat
EASTERN COUNTIES 1: Woodbridge Warriors 18 Crusaders 22
WOODBRIDGE started with three points from Sherief.
However, that was answered almost immediately by an easy converted try for Crusaders’ No 11 Slaughter against a weak Woodbridge defence.
Minutes later, Crusaders repeated the move but this time finished by using their forwards to heave a disorganised Woodbridge pack backwards for King to score.
Sherief took three more penalty points, only for Smith to do the same as the penalty count mounted.
You may also want to watch:
Crusaders had the more reliable hands until, just before the break, Woodbridge drove for the line from a clean throw-in and shoved Rose over for a well-deserved try.
Woodbridge started the second half and Hannon, Digweed and the pack hunted out a platform in the Crusaders’ 22. Cooke exploited a penalty to drive over for Sherief to convert.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 7 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Crusaders’ backs, built an attack that ended with No 8 Blinkhorn taking a long line-out ball to charge over and score for Smith to convert with aplomb