Watch: Young Town midfielder scores a stunning goal
- Credit: Archant
Young Ipswich Town midfielder Idris El Mizouni is among the most hotly-tipped of the current youth crop at the Blues – and he showed exactly why with this stunning strike.
Playing against Crystal Palace Under 23s on Monday, the 18-year-old cut inside on his right foot before unleashing a superb curling effort into the top corner.
It was the highlight of the game for the Blues, who lost the match 4-3.
El Mizouni signed his first pro deal at Portman Road just before Christmas, putting pen to paper on a two-and-a-half-year stay with the Blues, keeping him at Town until the summer of 2021.
The club has the option to extend the deal a further 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
El Mizouni, a talented young midfielder who is good on the ball, was born in France but has recently represented a Tunisian Under 23 side, who work as part of the Olympic football cycle.
The teenager has been a regular for Town’s under 23 side this season, and has often caught the eye.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 7 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 8 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods