Watch: Norwood’s first goal for Ipswich, just four minutes into his debut
- Credit: Archant
Striker James Norwood took just four minutes to open his Ipswich Town goal account yesterday – and you can watch his strike here.
Norwood, signed after bagging 32 goals for Tranmere Rovers in their promotion-winning campaign last season, levelled the scores following Oliver Fink's opener in Town's 4-1 defeat to Fortuna Dusseldorf in the Interwetten Cup.
Despite the loss, Town's newest striker produced flashes of what he is all about, showing good movement, commitment and the eye for goal which prompted Paul Lambert to make his move for a player who scored 32 goals for Tranmere last season.
The Blues went on to finish last in the four-team competition, losing the third place play-off on penalties to host side Meppen.
But fans will have been heartened to see Norwood hit the ground running, given that the combative striker has been signed to resolve one the of the team's major issues last season - their rank inability to put the ball in the net.
You may also want to watch:
Norwood and his new Town team-mates return to the UK today ahead of their first domestic friendly this Friday, with the Blues travelling to Colchester United (7.30pm ko).
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence