Watch: Lambert on potential January signings, Huws’ return and Knudsen’s possible exit
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town boss Paul Lambert met the media today as his side prepare to host Millwall in a crunch Championship clash at Portman Road tomorrow afternoon (3pm).
The Blues’ boss said he thinks the club need as many as six new signings – including two strikers – in January as they bid to pull off what would be the greatest escape from relegation in Championship history.
Lambert also revealed that fan favourite midfielder Emyr Huws is also close to a return – and said he’d risk playing him earlier than perhaps he would normally because of Town’s dire situation.
Town are seven points adrift of safety at the foot of the table following festive defeats at QPR (3-0) and Middlesbrough (2-0).
Millwall have risen to 20th in the table after back-to-back 1-0 home wins against Reading and Nottingham Forest. Prior to that they had gone eight games without a victory.
You may also want to watch:
- Press play to watch the whole press conference back.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth