Watch the goal celebration which could win Needham Market FC £10,000

Needham Market's Luke Ingram (red), whose goal celebration against Tonbridge Angels this season has

Needham Market's Luke Ingram (red), whose goal celebration against Tonbridge Angels this season has been nominated as one of the best in 2016/17 non-league football. - Credit: Mecha Morton

Needham Market are in with a chance of claiming a £10,000 cash prize in Marathonbet’s Non-League Challenge after being shortlisted in the search for non-league football’s best 2016/17 goal celebration.

After passionately celebrating Sam Nunn’s late winner, in a 4-3 comeback victory over Tonbridge Angels away from home last month, alongside nine other entries, Needham winger Luke Ingram was selected by legendary Arsenal duo Ray Parlour and Nigel Winterburn.

Up against celebrations from Aldershot Town, Basingstoke Town, Brackley Town, Corby Town, Gainsborough Trinity, Forest Green Rovers, Macclesfield Town, Salford City and St Albans, the winner will be selected by public vote and announced on Sunday, April 30.

Wealdstone FC won the best celebration prize last season with the help of celebrity fan the Wealdsto

Wealdstone FC won the best celebration prize last season with the help of celebrity fan the Wealdstone Raider - Credit: Archant

Head to the voting link to cast your vote here: www.nlc.marathonbet.co.uk/vote.The winning club will also receive a friendly match against a team of Premier League legends hosted at the club’s home ground – with the Non-League Challenge winners also claiming 90% of gate receipts. The remaining 10% will be donated to Prostate Cancer UK.

Legends that have already been secured for this year’s Non-League Challenge team include Parlour, Winterburn, Emile Heskey, Chris Sutton, Sol Campbell, Danny Gabbidon and Christian Dailly.

For months, Marathonbet have been searching for non-league football’s best goal celebration. Last season, Wealdstone FC won the prize with the help of iconic fan the Wealdstone Raider, who re-enacted Paul Gascoigne’s memorable Dentist Chair celebration from Euro ‘96 with jubilant Stones players.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter