Watch Cotter, Ndaba and Simpson’s goals for Town Under 23s in Wednesday win
- Credit: Archant
Three of Ipswich Town’s young stars were on target as the Blues’ Under 23s saw off Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 yesterday afternoon - and you can watch their goals here.
Barry Cotter, Corrie Ndaba and Tyreece Simpson found the net for Gerard Nash and Chris Hogg’s table-toppers, ultimately securing another three points to maintain their position at the top of Professional Development League Two South.
But they had to do things the hard way as they finished the game with nine men.
The Blues had been forced to use all three substitutes before the planned departure of Emyr Huws just after the hour mark, with the Welsh midfielder’s exit from the pitch leaving Ipswich with 10 men.
That became nine when substitute Dylan Crowe left the game injured, but the hosts held firm with some excellent, last ditch, defending amid Sheffield Wednesday pressure.
You may also want to watch:
The victory leaves Ipswich eight points clear of Crystal Palace at the top of the table and 11 ahead of Coventry in third, meaning the Sky Blues will need to win all four of their remaining games to have any hope of denying the Blues a place in the end-of-season play-offs against the Northern division’s top two sides.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window