Water polo taster session at Crown Pools
Team Ipswich Water Polo Club is hosting a free taster sessions for people interested in getting involved with the sport.
The session is being held this Sunday, between 6-7.15pm, at Crown Pools and will be headed by ASA-qualified coach Tom Ealham and supported by a qualified lifeguard and volunteers from Ipswich’s first team.
To register, call Phil Trett on 07866246810. More details on www.ipswichwaterpolo.org
Meanwhile, club captain, Trett made the presentations at the club’s junior water polo teams’ awards event.
Winners were presented with new silver cups that have been donated to the club by the Naden family.
You may also want to watch:
In the under-16s category, Ben Clarke was awarded the ‘best player’ honour, while the ‘most improved’ award went to Dom Hedgely.
Brad Watts was named best player for the under-14s team, with Poppy Mayall picking up the ‘most improved’ award.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
Ben Clarke was the tournament top scorer in the ASA East Region Water Polo Junior Boys Inter-County Championship 2012, held at Luton in October.
On top of that, he also attended training camps at Millfield School and in Hungary.