Watson leaves U's
KEVIN Watson's four-year stay at Colchester United is over.Loyal servant Watson, and fellow midfielder Luke Guttridge, have both been released by the U's.
KEVIN Watson's four-year stay at Colchester United is over.
Loyal servant Watson, and fellow midfielder Luke Guttridge, have both been released by the U's.
Watson proved a shrewd signing, following his move from Reading on a free transfer during the summer of 2004. He was a key member of the U's promotion-winning squad, and rattled up an impressive 128 league appearances in his first three years.
You may also want to watch:
But the experienced 34-year-old has suffered a nightmarish run of injuries over the last season. Haunted by Achilles tendon and calf problems, he only played seven games.
By contrast, Guttridge, 26, never really established himself during his one season at Layer Road, only starting six league fixtures.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 9 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
In addition, first year professionals Tom Webb and Tom Devaux have also been released.