Watt a return for Arsenal loanee Sanchez
SANCHEZ Watt is on course to return to Colchester United’s squad for Saturday’s trip to Shrewsbury.
Watt missed his first game for the U’s, since his loan switch from Arsenal, at Leyton Orient on Tuesday night.
The 21-year-old had failed to recover from a knee injury, incurred during last Saturday’s home win over Carlisle.
But Watt returned to light training yesterday and could go straight back into the side for the Shrewsbury game.
His replacement, Ian Henderson, scored the second goal in the 2-0 win at Leyton Orient and he could retain his place, not least because skipper Anthony Wordsworth will miss out due to a one-match suspension.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking at this morning’s press conference, Dunne said: “Sanchez did a light session yesterday, and we are just waiting to see him this morning.
“We believe he should be OK.”
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 CCTV released following series of burglaries