Watton Colts 2 Magpies IV 2
Norfolk Womens League Division OneWatton Colts 2 Harleston Magpies IV 2Harleston Magpies started strongly, enjoying much of the possession in the first half.
Norfolk Womens League Division One
Watton Colts 2 Harleston Magpies IV 2
Harleston Magpies started strongly, enjoying much of the possession in the first half. Play was evenly contested with both teams playing fluent, passing hockey and encountering their fair share of chances.
Magpies were first to capitalise on such opportunities and went 1-0 up midway through the first half when Lizzie Clymer converted a short-corner left-slip with a superb strike.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies continued to play well after the break, moving and passing confidently. Watton also challenged Magpies defence with several short corners, but the away team doubled their tally with a Mel Beevor effort from close range.
The game progressed evenly with both teams looking threatening on the break. Magpies played with confidence but went unrewarded as Watton converted an effort at the other end to provide their first goal. The game went on to finish dramatically as Watton scored their second a few minutes
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
Credit goes to both teams for producing an excellent game. The Magpies eleven executed a superb team performance, especially player of the match Ashleigh Rouse who had a great game at right back, supporting play in midfield and contributing to a solid defensive display also.