Wayne Brown will NOT be new Colchester United boss
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Wayne Brown will NOT be the new manager of Colchester United.
Caretaker boss Brown dropped the bombshell during this lunchtime’s weekly press conference, in the build-up to this Saturday’s trip to Rochdale.
Brown has been in caretaker charge for the last fortnight, overseeing a 3-2 win over Altrincham in the FA Cup and a 3-2 home defeat to Barnsley in the league.
Former manager Tony Humes stood down as U’s boss at the end of last month.
Brown revealed: “I am not the new manager, and at the moment I am not going to be.
You may also want to watch:
“I had a long discussion with (chairman) Robbie (Cowling).
“And on reflection, after being involved in this environment over the last two weeks, it has been a great beneficial learning curve for me, but I have made the decision that the time is not right for me at the moment to put myself into that environment on a day-to-day basis.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
“So that’s where we are, and the club is now looking for a manager, externally or internally, no matter where he comes from, but it’s not going to be me.
“But yes, I am still here, and I am taking the game on Saturday against Rochdale, and I’ll be doing up upmost to prepare the lads in the best way I can to try and get a positive result,” added Brown.