‘We are in a dogfight’ – Joe Dunne
COLCHESTER United boss Joe Dunne has admitted that his U’s team are in a relegation dogfight.
The U’s slumped to their sixth defeat in seven games this afternoon, losing 2-0 at home to Oldham Athletic.
“That was not good enough,” confessed Dunne.
“We were lack-lustrre, and it was very disappointing considering we had just had two weeks without a game.
“We did not pass the ball in the first half. We had opportunities to be brave on the ball, but we were not.
You may also want to watch:
“We are not winning enough battles at the moment, and I have just said to the players that they are in a dogfight.
“I thought our back four were very poor today. We did not play well enough,” added Dunne.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural
The Latics broke the deadlock through a 33rd minute header by Jean-Yves M’Voto, and they doubled their lead on 61 minutes through a Brian Wilson own goal, following good work by Matt Derbyshire.