‘We are out of the play-offs’ - admits John Ward
JOHN Ward admitted this morning that his Colchester United team are “out of the play-off picture,” despite still seven games of this season remaining.
Ward will be hoping that his side can win the bulk of their remaining fixtures, starting at Exeter City on Saturday, but he recognises that Tuesday night’s 3-1 defeat at Walsall has ended his team’s slight promotion hopes.
“Realistically, we are out of the picture now,” admitted Ward during this morning’s press conference.
“There was just a chance, if he had won on Tuesday night, but we’re not going to make the play-offs now.
“However, if we won seven out of seven, then who knows what that will bring?” added Ward.
You may also want to watch:
The U’s boss also revealed that centre-half Matt Heath will start at Exeter, with Tom Eastman being rested after a hectic eight games in March,
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down