“We are staring relegation in the face!” – Joe Dunne
- Credit: Archant
COLCHESTER United boss Joe Dunne was left fuming, after his side failed to guarantee their League One safety against Shrewsbury Town this afternoon.
The below-par U’s were held to a goalless home draw by the Shrews, and Scunthorpe’s surprise 1`-0 win at MK Dons means that this season will go down to the wire.
The U’s need to take a point from their final day trip to Carlisle, to be sure of staying up, so the pressure is on.
Dunne insisted: “It shouldn’t have come down to the final day of the season.
“I’m furious. We were lack-lustre and we let fear get in the way of everything.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a big crowd and we got booed at the end, and rightly so.
“To play like that, when it’s in our hands – it’s been in our hands for the last three games, and we have picked up just one point.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
“We are staring relegation in the face,” added Dunne.