“We are still looking” – reveals Colchester United boss John McGreal
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, has not ruled out the possibility of further strengthening his squad, despite the U’s sitting pretty in second spot after three games of the new season.
Speaking after today’s training session, U’s manager McGreal revealed, in answer to a question regarding possible new signings: “We are still looking.
“There’s nearly two weeks left, before the transfer window closes, so we are looking at possible loans.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two new faces came in, but then again I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t.
“The loan tranfers go from window to window this season. There’s no option for emergency loans, so every club has to get their squads finalised.
You may also want to watch:
“But we’ve had a good start to the season,” added McGreal.
The U’s travel to Portsmouth this weekend. Pompey are still searching for their first league win of the season, while the U’s already have seven points from a possible nine.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill