“We aren’t playing unbelievable football” – Colchester United’s Owen Garvan
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United might be on a five-game winning run, with 22 points collected from a possible 24 in their last eight matches, but midfielder Owen Garvan thinks that performances can improve still further.
“We have got a feeling that we are going to win matches, every time we go out there,” explained Garvan.
“I had that feeling for a while when I was at Crystal Palace.
“But I don’t think we are playing unbelievable football,” admitted Garvan.
The last time the U’s won six league games on the bounce was back in their promotion campaign of 2005-06.
You may also want to watch:
They are on the road this weekend, but must fancy their chances of getting that win No. 6 at basement dwellers Newport County, who have lost their last eight league fixtures.
Garvan added: “It might not be pretty at Newport, but we are prepared for a battle.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 9 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 10 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
This Saturday will be the U’s first visit to Newport’s Rodney Parade.
The first competitive meeting between the two clubs ended in a goalless draw at the Community Stadium on October 8.