‘We had enough chances to win’ – Josh Thompson
FULL debutant Josh Thompson felt that Colchester United had enough chances to have beaten Bournemouth on Saturday.
Centre-half Thompson delivered a U’s man-of-the-match performance, in a narrow 1-0 defeat at Dean Court.
It was the U’s seventh defeat in their last eight games, but it was a marked improvement on recent displays.
“I thought we did really well, against a tough team with a lot of quality,” explained Thompson.
“We took the fight to Bournemouth, and it could have gone either way.
You may also want to watch:
“We stopped them playing in the first half, restricting them to long balls, which we dealt with.
“Then in the second half, the gaffer changed it and we took the game to them. We had enough chances to have won the game. That was a positive.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
“I had a header from a corner, which I probably should have put on target, and I also had a shot at the end. I don’t get many shots, but it was a good save.
“We came off, not being able to give anymore. It was a big effort,” added Thompson.
Saturday was Thompson’s first start, since his loan switch from Portsmouth. His loan deal expires at the end of this month.