‘We have everything to play for’ – Colchester United boss John McGreal ahead of trip to Notts County
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, is looking for his side to continue on from last Saturday’s terrific 2-1 home win over Luton Town, away at Notts County on Saturday.
Speaking after this morning’s training session, at Florence Park, Tiptree, McGreal said: “I’m hoping for the same again this weekend.
“We’ve had a little bit of a breather this week, which has been good, and given the players a little time to recover and recuperate.
“A few of the lads were cramping up late in the second half against Luton, after putting in such a big shift in the first half, when they were excellent.
“We are starting to see games out now.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s getting to the tail end of the season now, we have seven games left over five weeks.
“There’s everything to play for,” added McGreal.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The U’s are waiting on the fitness of centre-half Cameron James, who has a tweaked hamstring.