‘We kicked ourselves in the teeth’ – Colchester United defender Sean Clohessy
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United right-back, Sean Clohessy, described Doncaster’s winner as a “kick in the teeth” following Saturday’s 1-0 home defeat.
Kyle Bennett slammed home a 65th minute winner to inflict a fourth defeat in five league and cup games, on Joe Dunne’s men, at the start of the season.
Clohessy admitted: “I don’t think that we did enough to win the game.
“Doncaster are a good team, they have just come down from the Championship, but I thought it was there for us to at least get a draw. “We kicked ourselves in the teeth with conceding that goal.
“We are just conceding some stupid goals, and the luck is not going for us at the moment. “I think we just need a bit of luck, and hopefully we will get that later in the season when things balance each other out. “We are disappointed with the goal that we conceded.
You may also want to watch:
“We should have been blocking the final shot because we had enough players in the box,” added Clohessy.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout