‘We need a win’ – confesses Dunne
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, knows more than anyone else how vital it is for his team to halt their win-less streak.
The U’s travel to Shrewsbury Town this evening, desperate to end a run of 10 league games without a win, and 11 in all competitions.
They have come so close to stopping the rot over the last fortnight – they conceded a 96th minute equaliser in their last home game against Walsall, and leaked three late goals in Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Brentford.
“We just need a win, and I believe it will come,” insisted Dunne.
“In one game, somewhere, we’ll get a break, then get a second goal and kill off a team.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got to be good swimmers, because we are swimming against a very heavy tide at the momentum.
“But we will come out of this – it’s not as bad as last year (nine straight defeats).
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 8 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 9 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
“I recognise that 10 games without a win becomes the headline, which masks how well some of my players are doing at the moment. It’s my job, as manager to pick them up.
“But I would acknowledge that we do need a win, in this run, for sure,” added Dunne.