“We need to win every game” – Colchester United boss Kevin Keen
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United boss, Kevin Keen, is under no illusions as to the task in hand. In fact, he fears his team cannot even afford one slip-up, during the last five games of the season.
“I think we need to win all of our next five matches. I don’t have a crystal ball, but I think that will prove to be the case. We need to win every game,” insisted Keen, ahead of tomorrow’s visit of Peterborough.
“The team has been doing quite well of late, with the performances finally being matched by some good results.
“If we had picked up these recent wins in January and February, rather than now, then I think the league table would be looking very different.
“But football clubs are always a good place to be, when things are going well. There’s a special vibe which flows throughout the club.
“When things are not going so well, times are tough, but we’re feeling positive at the moment.
“We have two games over the next four days, and we’ve got to win both of them. We have to win football matches, the players know that, everyone knows that.”
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
The U’s boss is set to make just one change from last weekend’s 1-0 win at Blackpool, with Tom Lapslie replacing the injured Alex Gilbey in midfield.