“We need to win every game” – Colchester United boss Kevin Keen
- Credit: Su Anderson
Colchester United boss, Kevin Keen, is under no illusions as to the task in hand. In fact, he fears his team cannot even afford one slip-up, during the last five games of the season.
“I think we need to win all of our next five matches. I don’t have a crystal ball, but I think that will prove to be the case. We need to win every game,” insisted Keen, ahead of tomorrow’s visit of Peterborough.
“The team has been doing quite well of late, with the performances finally being matched by some good results.
“If we had picked up these recent wins in January and February, rather than now, then I think the league table would be looking very different.
“But football clubs are always a good place to be, when things are going well. There’s a special vibe which flows throughout the club.
You may also want to watch:
“When things are not going so well, times are tough, but we’re feeling positive at the moment.
“We have two games over the next four days, and we’ve got to win both of them. We have to win football matches, the players know that, everyone knows that.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 9 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
The U’s boss is set to make just one change from last weekend’s 1-0 win at Blackpool, with Tom Lapslie replacing the injured Alex Gilbey in midfield.