“We should have seen the game out” – admits Colchester United’s Doug Loft
Doug Loft was delighted to finally be back in the Colchester United starting line-up, after eight months of injury anguish.
But the U’s midfielder was left crestfallen – as were all his team-mates – by Morecambe’s 87th minute equaliser, a penalty dispatched by U’s old boy Michael Rose in a 1-1 draw at the Globe Arena yesterday afternoon.
It was very much two points dropped in the U’s quest for a play-off place, although they remain just two points adrift of the top seven with three matches to play.
“It was not a very nice pitch, and it didn’t make for a very nice game, but we had enough experience and know-how to have seen that game out,” insisted Loft.
“We should have done it, and it was poor from us. All the boys are disappointed.
You may also want to watch:
“We should have seen the game out. The old pros should have spoken up a bit more and we should have kept the ball in the corner, rather than put it into the box.
“We should have seen the game out because it would have been a massive three points.”
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic