“We stayed strong” – Colchester United boss Tony Humes
Colchester United manager Tony Humes praised his team’s strength and character, following today’s 2-0 win at Peterborough.
Freddie Sears broke the deadlock in the 54th minute, with his 14th goal of the season, and Elliott Hewitt wrapped up the points with a terrific solo goal on 85 minutes.
“It was tough to start with,” admitted U’s boss Humes.
“But we did expect to be under the cosh a little bit, after Peterborough had been on such a poor run.
“We withstood the pressure for the first 25 minutes, stayed strong, and showed great character.
You may also want to watch:
“After that, it was a pretty even game. We were controlled at times, in our possession, and I’m obviously delighted with the win.
“As we said along, if you stay in the game, then you’ve always got a chance, and that was the case today,” added Humes
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 4 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family