‘We think we are nearly there’ – Joe Dunne on Sam Walker deal
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United boss, Joe Dunne, revealed this morning that the club are close to signing keeper Sam Walker on a permanent contract.
Highly-rated keeper Walker has been in outstanding form for the U’s during the first half of this season, but the 22-year-old’s loan deal from Chelsea is set to expire after this Saturday’s trip to Carlisle.
However, the U’s boss is confident that, barring any last minute hic-cups, Walker will sign on a permanent basis some-tiem next week.
Speaking at this morning’s press conference, about Walker’s possible permanent move, Dunne confirmed: “The progress is good.
“We think we are moving along.
“We think we are nearly there. It’s just one or two ends needing to be tied up. But they are not major.
“We will just get this game (Carlisle away on Saturday) out of the way, and then hopefully we shall have some good news.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 7 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
“But until it’s done, we will keep our feet in the ground,” added Walker.