‘We’ve been pulled apart’ - John Ward
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward admitted that his side were “pulled apart” by rampant Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park this afternoon.
The U’s were thumped 4-0 by Rovers, who now sit on top of League One, following a hat-trick from striker Jake Cassidy and one from defender Zoumana Bakayogo.
Ward rued: “I’m extremely disappointed. The second half was a really good performance from Tranmere, which we didn’t stand up to.
“Our opponents played good, fast football, but we didn’t respond with any real positive thoughts on it.
“At half-time we thought we’d done OK, with the way that we set out to play.
You may also want to watch:
“And with a bit more care at the top end of the pitch, we could have certainly come in level or even ahead in the game.
“But the second half was only one-way traffic, and we’ve been pulled apart by a very good display from Tranmere,” added Ward.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge