‘We want better offensive options’, say Ipswich Town fans
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town fans want Mick McCarthy to improve his side’s offensive options, according to the results of our 2016/17 end-of-season Ipswich Town Football Club survey.
Online voters were asked which areas of the team required strengthening, following a disappointing campaign that saw Town finish in their lowest league position for 58 years, 16th in the Championship.
With voters able to choose multiple positions to strengthen, 88% called for McCarthy – who struggled to adequately fill the gap left by Daryl Murphy – to add to his pool of strikers, while 51% want him to bring in fresh blood on the flanks.
New midfielders are required too – the Blues having lost the services of loan duo Emyr Huws and Toumani Diagouraga and released Jonathan Douglas and Giles Coke.
Significantly, 86% of fans would like to see Huws return to Suffolk on a permanent basis.
You may also want to watch:
These statistics plus many more can be found in today’s East Anglian Daily Times.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 7 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence